The added ingredient turmeric in combination with our powerful, active live kefir cultures makes this functional ingredient more bioavailable and more easily absorbed into our bodies. Each little bottle holds at least 3 billion live cultures.
Turmeric (Genus: Curcuma longa)
Turmeric and ginger are cousins. They belong to the same family Zingiberaceae. Turmeric has been used for thousands of year as a spice and medicinal herb with compounds called Curcuminoids most important being Curcumin which has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is a strong anti-oxidant.
– Aids digestion through its anti-inflammatory properties. Helpful with IBS, bloating, colitis, diarrhoea and abdominal pain.
– Linked to improved brain functions and improved memory by boosting levels of brain hormone BDNF and fights various degenerative processes in the brain.
– Lowers risk of heart disease as it improves the function of the endothelium
– Has benefits against depression as it boosts the brains neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine.
– Helps delay aging and age related diseases by preventing oxidation and inflammation
Ingredients: tender young coconut milk (68.5%), apple juice (20%), turmeric juice (10%), lime juice (1.5%), live Rhythm vegan kefir cultures, antioxidant: ascorbic acid.
Nutritional values per 100g:
Energy: 35 kcal
Fat: 1.5g (of which saturates 1.4g)
Carbohydrates: 4.6g (of which sugars 3.7g)